Unity 2018.1 & Scriptable Render Pipeline (SRP)

• Next month, Unity will release SRP as part of 2018.1. From what I understand that all current shaders will be broken on both render pipelines (LD/HD). I also understand there is no documentation or much information from Unity on this subject and to "Fix" current shaders will require a full and complete overhaul of code => lots of hours reworking existing shader code.

What does this mean for Vetasoft Assets going forward?

• Hi AresTheDog,

We have tested our Asset on the version 2018 beta:

2DxFX: work great without any issue, except some warning message from obsolete instruction, but all is working great.

Camera Filter Pack : work great without any issue, except some warning message from obsolete instruction, but all is working great.

Shadero Sprite: work great without any issue, except some warning message from obsolete instruction, but all is working great.

Camera Play: work great without any issue, except some warning message from obsolete instruction, but all is working great.

All the current asset is working without any issue on the 2018 beta, except the warning message from obsolete instruction (it happen in every update of Unity :) ), that should be easily fixed when with new update when Unity 2018.1 will be released officially.

They are definively something to do with the new Scriptable Render Pipeline to improve performance and to add more possibility of new effects.

https://blogs.unity3d.com/2018/01/31/srp-overview/

• Thanks for the reply and good news. It's great to hear all will work well. I know some of my other shader assets are not as flexible and require re-work. It's good to know you guys are already on top of that.

Looks like your connection to Vetasoft Assets was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.