Corrupted Material File !

• Hi,
    I am creating my AssetBundles and was surprised that unused files was added
    After some researches, I found that there files was referenced in some materials created with Shadero, but not really used
    In the .mat file, I have 2 bad properties :
    A sample :
    m_SavedProperties:
    serializedVersion: 3
    m_TexEnvs:
    - _BumpMap:
    m_Texture: {fileID: 0}
    m_Scale: {x: 1, y: 1}
    m_Offset: {x: 0, y: 0}
    - _DetailAlbedoMap:
    - _DetailMask:
    - _DetailNormalMap:
    - _EmissionMap:
    - _MainTex:
    m_Texture: {fileID: 2800000, guid: 30a8fd2b2dee8e54090ff5b729909db2, type: 3}
    - _MetallicGlossMap:
    - _NewTex_1:
    m_Texture: {fileID: 2800000, guid: be9eb3e6bfa6998499c33254f6e76d49, type: 3}
    - _OcclusionMap:
    - _ParallaxMap:
    - _SourceNewTex_1:
    m_Texture: {fileID: 2800000, guid: cedc1937169d54345978397a48bf925a, type: 3}

I have a MainTex, it's ok, but the _NewTex_1 and _SourceNewTex_1 was added for testing when I have created the shader and removed.
    I have reopened the shadero projet (that not contains this 2 nodes), with the material in live preview, and try some changes, but the properties remain
    If I add a NewTexture Node, select a texture, and save, the properties is updated. If I delete this node, so the properties remains in the .mat file, with the last file id
    If I add 2 NewTextures in my project, so the _NewTex_1 is updated, but there is no _NewTex_2 created

I think that an older release has created the properties, and not the current release. The update of this properties sound like a remaining "thing" (bug ??)

How to correct my files now ? I have 4 or 5 bad materials. Manual edit ?
    Is the m_SavedProperties need to keep all this infos ?

• It's a bug that still exists on the last release

I create a new shader projet and material, I add a NewTexture, set a sprite, save, delete it, save. The properties remain !
    All my shader are corrupted :( !!!
    I always use a temp sprite to see the result, and delete it at end, as each shader is used for some textures.
    I also add New texture and/or New source, as the node requires one or 2, following the node type, and delete it at end

Sad...

• Hi,

No answer ??

• Hello Lord,

we are still here, sorry to not answer you sooner, we are busy on the new version.

It's strange issue, we will try to reproduce it.

We will come back sooner

• Hi, is this bug corrected ?

• Hi, is this bug corrected ?

• Stil someone alive here ???

• Hi Lord,

We try to reproduce this bug many times but we can't.

We will try again or if you have more information to help us fix this (very long) issue, it would be great

Best Regards,
    Vetasoft

• After 5 minutes, I see easily 2 or 3 bugs, reproduced in your sample project :D

Ok, follow this steps :
    -Create a new project with only Shadero
    -In "Examples" directory, Create a new material and a new Shadero Sprite Shader
    -Open Shadero Sprite Window
    -Click "New Shader Project" to ensure a empty window
    -Add "Build shader"
    -Check "Use your own material"
    -Set the "new material" created in the PreviewMaterial box by drag and drop
    -Set the "new Shadero Sprite Shader" created in the Build Sharder window, in the Used Shader box by drag and drop
    ! the project is ready to use, and all the modifications in the Shadero window modify the .mat file directly
    ! Open the "new material.mat" in visual studio
    -In Shadero, add a new texture, and connect it to the build shader
    -for this texture, click select and choose the ProfessorSprite
    ! I see the professor in the preview window, and also in the material icon in the Examples directory (ok because I choose "Use your own material")
    ! first problem : See the "New Material.mat" in VS : the file doesn't contain the information about the New texture and the professor
    -In Shadero, click "Save Shader project"
    ! See the "New Material.mat" in VS : the file now contains the information about the New texture and the professor :_NewTex_1: m_Texture: {fileID: 2800000, guid: c954edac1329ac44ab0c3ca69f732480, type: 3}
    ! Why the material is updated only now ? the button is "Save Shader project" not "Update Material"
    -In Shadero, Add "Main Texture" and connect it to the Build Shader. Now in the preview Material window, and for my material asset in Unity, I see the Shadero logo. ok
    -In Shadero, delete the New Texture, that is no more used.
    ! See the "New Material.mat" in VS : the file still contains the information about the New texture and the professor
    ! If I close Shadero now and Unity, my material is working, but still contains the reference to the ProfessorSprite. So this sprite will be added to the unity build
    -In shadero, Click "Save Shader project" and save the project
    ! Shadero don't use the previous name and directory, it's not very practical, I must select it again
    ! See the "New Material.mat" in VS : the file still contains the information about the New texture and the professor. Add a new line is added : the _MainTex. Why only now ?

Do you reproduce it ?
    I get the same result every time and easily, in my project or in a project with only Shadero, and I don't think to have a special config in Unity
    I create 2D project of course

• I see another problem in the .mat file, I have the m_floats section :
    m_Floats:
    - AnimatedShakeUV_1_IntenseX_1: 2.7
    - AnimatedShakeUV_1_IntenseY_1: 2.76
    - AnimatedShakeUV_1_OffsetX_1: 0.0456
    - AnimatedShakeUV_1_OffsetY_1: 0.0476
    - AnimatedShakeUV_1_Speed_1: 0.79
    - _Brightness_Fade_1: 0.857
    - _ColorMask: 15
    - _Desintegration_Speed_1: 0.5
    - _Desintegration_Value_1: 0
    - _Destroyer_Speed_1: 0.545
    - _Destroyer_Value_1: 0
    - _HDRControlValue_Value_1: 3.321
    - _HdrCreate_Value_1: 0.893
    - _InnerGlowHQ_Intensity_1: 16
    - _InnerGlowHQ_Size_1: 16
    - _Lerp_Fade_1: 0.67
    - _PremadeGradients_Fade_1: 1
    - _PremadeGradients_Offset_1: 1
    - _PremadeGradients_Speed_1: 0.75
    - _SpriteFade: 1
    - _Stencil: 0
    - _StencilComp: 8
    - _StencilOp: 0
    - _StencilReadMask: 255
    - _StencilWriteMask: 255

But I have deleted a lot a effects in Shadero like InnerGlow or Brightness, but the values still exist in the .mat file

• I do my last tests in Unity 2018.2.16
    My build settings is Android, .net4, IL2CPP, API compatibility .net Standard 2, release

• Thank you for all the informations, we will come back sooner

Version 1.9.5 is near ready, we need to check everything on this forum to avoid any forgot thread or request, we will also try to find the solution before it's release.

Thanks again for the feedback

• If at a moment you have a pre release or beta, and need help to test this particular problem, I can make some tests ;)

I have also a strange problem when I modify the material params in the Animation Editor, I get values that became blocked at a value by the Animation. I think there is corrupt Animation compiled files, because the assets were good. But I cant find exactly the incorrect file. I delete the shader param modification in the animation and add it again and it's good. Strange

Moreover, at a moment it was ok on my PC and not on Android, it's the reason I think it's a compiled file the problem. So difficult to know if the problem is the shader, material or animation
    In the Animation, the Fade param of the material still changes to 0 alone, after I make somes modifications in the animation and the material. I dont know when it happens, but I get it 9 times on 10 and I never change the Fade param for my animation
    I will make a new post if I can reproduce it more precisely

• I am waiting since september, il't definitively not serious...

• Can I hope to have a answer ??
    Hum... Your society still exist ??

Looks like your connection to Vetasoft Assets was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.