Source Control Problems

• Shadero really bugs out when using asset control. I'm using perforce and if I do not check out the shadero folder in the project the node editor acts very strangely with many warning messages appearing. Is it possible to make the editor behave correctly when files are readonly?

• Hi wharvey, we are really sorry if we coudn't reach you sooner on the forum.

Can we have more information about the issue, we would love to fix it for the next release.

Best Regards,
    Vetasoft

• Hey sorry for not replying sooner. I wasn't notified of your reply. I'll be sure to set the watch flag in the future.

Here is the error I get if my shader project file is not checked out in perforce. Hopefully it is a simple fix on your part by checking if the file is readonly or not? I'm also attaching a screenshot that shows what the editor looks like when these errors start to spam the console. So far the only way I can get around it is by checking out all of the shadero assets -- I haven't had time to narrow it down to the specific files that cause it. Thanks for your help!

GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\TikiTantrum.........\Assets\ShaderoSprite\MyShaders\TikiLogo.shader" is denied.
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/FileStream.cs:320)
    System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
    System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor (System.String path, Boolean append, System.Text.Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/StreamWriter.cs:124)
    System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor (System.String path, Boolean append, System.Text.Encoding encoding)
    (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.StreamWriter:.ctor (string,bool,System.Text.Encoding)
    System.IO.File.WriteAllText (System.String path, System.String contents, System.Text.Encoding encoding) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:626)
    System.IO.File.WriteAllText (System.String path, System.String contents) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:621)
    _ShaderoShaderEditorFramework.BuildShader.UpdateSave () (at Assets/ShaderoSprite/Plugins/Editor/Nodes/_Initialize/BuildShader.cs:72)
    _ShaderoShaderEditorFramework.BuildShader.NodeGUI () (at Assets/ShaderoSprite/Plugins/Editor/Nodes/_Initialize/BuildShader.cs:95)
    _ShaderoShaderEditorFramework.Node.DrawNode () (at Assets/ShaderoSprite/Plugins/Editor/Framework/Node.cs:306)
    _ShaderoShaderEditorFramework.NodeEditor.DrawSubCanvas (_ShaderoShaderEditorFramework.NodeCanvas nodeCanvas, _ShaderoShaderEditorFramework.NodeEditorState editorState) (at Assets/ShaderoSprite/Plugins/Editor/Framework/NodeEditor.cs:300)
    _ShaderoShaderEditorFramework.NodeEditor.DrawCanvas (_ShaderoShaderEditorFramework.NodeCanvas nodeCanvas, _ShaderoShaderEditorFramework.NodeEditorState editorState) (at Assets/ShaderoSprite/Plugins/Editor/Framework/NodeEditor.cs:239)
    _ShaderoShaderEditorFramework.Standard.NodeEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/ShaderoSprite/Plugins/Editor/NodeEditorWindow.cs:151)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:295)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:288)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (Rect onGUIPosition) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:255)

alt text

• Any news on this???? I switched to collaborate and now shadero is pretty much useless as long as I in team mode.

• hi wharvey,

we are trying to reproduce the issue without sucess,

when we fix the issues you will be inform,

thanks for reporting this and sorry about the inconveniant

Best Regards,
    Vetasoft

• Ok thanks. To reproduce on my end I simply publish my files to Unity Collaborate, then I double click a shadero project. When I drag my shader asset onto the build shader I get the corrupted display and the spammed output saying that I am pushing more GUIClips than I am popping. I am on v1.9.

Looks like your connection to Vetasoft Assets was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.